Připoj se ke mně na Facebooku!

Like!

sobota 9. července 2016

Ruled By A Woman - 2. Chapter

Unknown

"Hate the sin, love the sinner." - Mahátma Gándhí

"Excuse me... What?!" whispered Margaret.
"I know, it has to be a shock for you but don't worry about your job! I talked with Christopher about you and I highly recommended him to keep you in this place. He also agreed on keeping all actual employees. Don't be afraid," Richard tried to make her calmer.
She wasn't able to say anything. She just stared at him. How could he have done that to her?
"C'mon, Margie! Say something! I feel so bad now," begged her.
"No, Richard, you don't need to feel bad. It's not my gallery, I don't have any rights here and my words mean nothing in this case. I'll open the vernissage and then leave." Richard could hear a determination in her voice. He could even see it in his face when she looked in his eyes.
"You can't do that, Margie! The gallery needs you!" Richard tried to convince her but it seemed like a lost case. Margaret just negatively shacked her head.
"I'm not going to change my mind. This gallery means nothing without you! You're the main person! If you leave, I'll leave too."
"Nonsense! I talked with Chris and everything is done!"
Margaret gasped. If it was the right Christopher, who she has known from her high school's days, he would remember her. He pranked her and humiliated her more than three years. And not even that...
"You talked about me?"
"Yeah and we're on the same page because we both agreed on the fact that you're indispensable. You're a great manager, everybody knows it! You love your job! Give Chris a chance, Margie! I know about your attitude to men but please, for the gallery's sake and mine too, try to cooperate with Chris. When we talked last time, he wanted to meet you. He has been watching your job since your first vernissage. However he had no chance to catch up with you - until now."
Margaret had no idea what to think. She was pretty sure that when they will meet, he will recognize her, recall all the memories from their past and the hell will begin. She had to find a new job.
"Alright, Richard, if you wish," gave up, but not really. Just for Richard.
"Margie, you know I love you! Not love you, I admire you!"
"Don't be silly, Richard!" On her face was no emotion but Richard knew she loved these endearments.
"Alright," looked at his watch, "we're perfectly on time. You'll be able to change your clothes."
"What? Why should I change my clothes?" wondered Margaret. She started to have a bad feeling that Richard had some hidden agenda.
"Oh, didn't I tell you that you're going to a restaurant with Chris tonight? You have to get closer to each other. You're going to be colleagues!" said sweetly and looked so innocent.
"I'm not going anywhere!" refused. "I have plenty of work, I have to find a catering company - Esmé Raymond's kitchen burnt out. Before the vernissage are always tons of work..." Margaret was trying to find a reason to not go there.
"Craps, normal craps. The gallery is full of employees, they can do it. You'll go home to change and do some make-up. Well, I meant all the creepy things, which women do before dinners. I reserved a table in Crafts - be there around seven."
"Richard, why do you play a matchmaker? You really think that I would jump into a bed with a new owner? Are you crazy?!" Margie started to be angry. Richard tried to organize her private life but the dates just ended that one of them - majorly the man - ran away. Judging by the previous months, which he forgot on her in, she thought he stopped trying... Unfortunately not.
"You are starting to be paranoid, do you know that?! That's a command, go home!"
"No. Firstly I will finish this work and then I will go to the restaurant," capitalized sadly.
"Are you sure you're going to wear this to Crafts?" glanced at her Richard and scanned her clothes.
"Touché," thought Margaret.
"Do you have something against my tailored suit?"
"Absolutely not," denied and stood up considered to leave. "I have to pick up my stuff and prepare for tomorrow so see you then," said and was leading outside. He just stopped in the doorstep. "And please, Margie, be kind to him."
She finally laughed. "Tell me when I wasn't the kind one."
"That's just a rhetorical question, right? Be on time in the restaurant, Chris doesn't like waiting," advised her.
Margaret made a face on him but staid quiet.
"I'm so sorry that you're leaving but on the other hand I'm so happy that you're happy."
Richard turned and sent her a smile.
"Come to visit me. I'll be in London sometimes, I would love to see you and I'm sure Emma and Will would love to too."
"Of course, thank you... When are you leaving? What's your departure time?"
"I'm taking off around half past two in the afternoon, I'm not sure, from the JFK airport."
"I'm going to say good bye," announced Margaret and smiled at him. She had no idea what will happen now but she was considered to not give up.
"You have to," peeked at her and silently went away.
Margaret wanted to bury herself.
"Don't be silly, you're really paranoid! Do you know how many Christopher Hundsbergers are going around the world?! Hundreds, maybe thousands! You're fooling around without a reason! You haven't met him yet, however you've already made an opinion on him!"
She looked to the mirror again, checking her clothes.
"Is it really so bad?" thought.
"No, it's not and let's go to work!" talked to herself loudly. She inhaled deeply and went back to her table. Grabbed her phone and started to check Yahoo. George sent her another message and she realized she had to give him some task...
***

Margaret was standing in front of the luxurious restaurant, well-known as Crafts, in the middle of NYC. She was not able to change her clothes, even to fix her hair. She had no time! Even now she was late. So many thoughts about running away crossed her mind but she quickly perfumed herself and went straight to the restaurant.
She was avoiding thinking on her outfit. Nevertheless she couldn't admit that Richard was right. She also didn't want to think about how expensive this restaurant had to be. Thanks an experience of not having money and being almost homeless, she always tried to keep some savings. After this diner her wallet will bleed...
Her decision of leaving was serious. The famous Chris could be whatever he wanted, she wanted to quite. Richard was leaving, she will be leaving too. She will pack her things and move back to Florence, maybe. Or she might try to settle down in England.
"Be brave," supported herself and went through the door. She could smell the food and her stomach started to call her mommy. She stopped regretting her decision to go here. Maybe she won't regret the money too.
Quiet music played inside and a young lady welcomed her.
"Good evening, madam. Do you have a reservation?" asked kindly.
The calling "madam" sounded special to her because she could usually hear in different situations.
"Is here Mr. Hundsberger? I have a meeting with him here." Margaret ignored the judging sights of people around.
The lady checked something in her computer and smiled at her. "Yes, he is. Actually he's waiting for you, Ms Wilson. Philip!" said and waved on one waiter.
"How can she know I'm Ms?" ran across her mind.
"Madam, can I have your coat?" asked her an older waiter.
"Yes, thank you," gave him her coat. Then another waiter came to her and asked her to follow him. She ignored the people around her as much as she could. She didn't care about them, she learnt that quite a while ago.
"This way, madam," said the waiter and showed her a table. A large man was sitting there, drinking a glass of some liquid, looked like whisky.
She started to shiver. Something was wrong. Her heart started to beat rapidly.
When the man saw, they were coming, he stood up and closed a button on his black suit. She could finally see his face and in that moment, the whole world stopped.
HIS blue eyes were staring into hers and she recognized him. Even through so many years had passed, he still looked similar, only became more muscular and manlike.
All the bad memories came back... How he left her almost naked in the school gym. How he humiliated her in front of the school. How he damaged her whole life.
She felt sick, not hungry any more. Her only need was to escape the furthest she could
However he looked like he didn't recognize her. He smiled at her widely and offered his hand to shake with her.
"You have to Margaret Wilson! My name's Christopher Hundsberger, at your service. I heard only the best about you and finally I have the chance to meet you - thanks Richard, of course," said joyfully and took her hand, which he kissed and then looked straight to her eyes.
Margaret was quiet, she didn't know if she was able to speak.
"May I offer you a chair, my lady?" talked to her sweetly but Margaret knew she couldn't trust him.
He pushed the chair for her and waited until she sit. And then he moved close to her and whispered to her ear.
"Have we ever met before?"
Her nightmares just caught her and she didn't know how to breathe.

Unknown / Author & Psycholog

Žena, pocházející z Prahy, nyní žijící někde mezi Novým Zélandem a Japonskem, která miluje cestování, svoji práci a psaní. / A woman, originally from Prague, the Czech republic, currently living somewhere between New Zealand and Japan, who loves travelling, her job and writing.

0 komentářů:

Okomentovat

Děkuji vám za vyjádření názoru! Je pro mě velmi cenný, Viktoria

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Templates Designed By Ivy | Supported By Gooyaabi Templates